FIVE PILLAR PRACTICES
COLLABORATIVE FOOD ACCESS
- Nurture the local food economy and regenerative agriculture movement by sourcing from mission-aligned neighboring farms and other producers we are in solidarity with.
- Build horizontal partnerships with organizations on the ground in food insecure communities to both inform and lead our work.
- Generate resources and develop relationships necessary for long term solutions for both food security and sovereignty.
- Commit to regenerative farming practices to help steward the land, mitigate climate change and produce nutrient dense food with minimal inputs. This includes carbon sequestering, cover cropping and green manures, soil conservation and remediation, watershed protection, and biodiversity enhancement.
- Our methods for crop and livestock management are complementary in an intentional and holistic way. We practice rotational grazing and regenerative pasture management as foundational components to our livestock program.
- We are working towards making a formal Land Acknowledgement and developing a concrete action plan to support Indigenous communities in formal recognition of the original inhabitants of these lands.
- Develop leadership and provide access to land and farming experience for BIPOC and LGBTQS partners fighting for food sovereignty in their communities.
- Create pathways to a living wage-based, meaningful, dignified employment and building leadership of formerly incarcerated people re-entering our communities.
- Increase access to hands-on food production training and experiences
- Support healing and empowerment for communities historically harmed by industrial agricultural systems
- Facilitate deeper understanding and investment in regenerative agriculture and land stewardship
CREATIVE PROJECTS (THE BRAND)
- Generate resources for the Farm’s food access work
- Support the Farm's educational mission by creating new touch points for public engagement
- Unlock, unite and activate communities across various disciplines, sectors, fields and spaces
- Reimagine models for philanthropic brand-building